Monday, May 27, 2013

Menu Monday - 5/27/13

Those of you who read my regular blog posts (does anyone read my regular blog posts?) may have noticed I dropped out of sight for four days. Well, on Friday I woke up with a scratchy throat. I had my annual physical scheduled, so I went to it. I got my tetnus shot updated. Later in the day I developed a temperature. The temperature lasted all night Friday, all day Saturday, all day Sunday... It has finally broken, but I have white spots on my throat. I'm going, shortly, to a CVS Minute Clinic for a strep test. I'll let ya know.

So maybe I have strep throat, or maybe I've had a bad side effect of the tetnus shot, but I've been in bed. But I'm in my recliner now, trying to post the plans for this week. Except I wrote them on the grocery list, and hubby didn't give it back to me, so I guess I'm going to have to wing it.
 MPM-Spring


Sunday:
 I was out of it and at my hubby's mercy. I was starved, having survived for three days on a little oatmeal, some chicken noodle soup, a bagel... you get the idea. He served me:
barbecued ribs; corn on the cob
I didn't even get a vegetable. (corn not being a vegetable, but a grain.) Sad vegan.

Monday:
We were supposed to have a barbecue with my daughter's fiance's family. Since I'm sick I'm not sure what will happen (will they cancel? Have it without me?). I don't even remember asking for hubby to buy food for this event when I gave him the list. ::sigh::

Tuesday:
Herb braised chicken; rice;  green beans (um... leftover black beans and rice...)

Wednesday:
Pork chops; noodles; salad

Thursday:
Boy Scout Picnic - I'll be having an Amy's Quarter Pounder, whole wheat flat, and I am taking a side dish of International Stew and Tortilla Chips (International Stew being a mix of black beans, diced tomatoes and corn).

Friday:
Fish Sticks, French Fries, Cole Slaw (Don't yet know what the vegan will eat... Might make some lentil soup... Will be easier to figure out when I feel better.)

Saturday:
Spaghetti, Salad, Texas Toast (whole wheat spaghetti and sauce, salad)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the plan for this week. What are you planning? Failing to plan means you are planning to fail...

No comments :

Post a Comment

3