Friday, January 25, 2013

December Hymn Study

My blog entry for November's Hymn Study sat in draft format for two months; and I never even blogged a December Hymn Study, so I thought I'd take care of that now.

In December my son does not want to do anything but Christmas songs. Nevertheless, I thought I would look and see what hymn the Ambleside rotation had for December. It was "Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow", also known as "The Doxology".

Now that is so interesting... That one song was recently done at my church (which mostly does contemporary music), and I remember getting personally bent out of shape because the song was, as per usually happens at my church, done in some contemporary format. I am SO TIRED of my church doing my traditional songs and hymns in contemporary formats. Please, TR, please play some of my songs and hymns in the traditional format! Please!

In the meantime, at least I can enjoy them in traditional format at home. So off I go to YouTube to find a presentation of "The Doxology" in the traditional format. This one came close to what I am looking for (not perfect in its timing, but it'll do for now):


No comments :

Post a Comment

3