Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window...

it is cloudy today. The squirrel has been teasing my dog through the sliding glass door, and the birds were eating at the bird feeder above. The squirrel is gone now, and the feeder has only a sparrow feeding currently.


I am thinking...

about how much I have to do, and what needs to get done when.

I am thankful...


that I sold some home school materials recently so that I have some money to spend at MACHE this weekend to get some materials we need for school next year.

In the kitchen...


the supplies are ready and waiting for asparagus soup tonight. I still need to take the French bread out of the freezer for tonight.

I am wearing...

my pjs. Three minutes til I get up and go grab my shower.


I am creating...

flannel baby blankets for Online Angels. I also crocheted a newborn baby hat on Sunday.


I am going...

to Arizona for a vacation soon.


I am wondering...

if the current sequester issues will cause us any trouble when we fly.

I am reading...


Papa's Pearls (watch for the upcoming review). Almost finished, and then I will be reading Learning in Spite of Labels. Oh, also reading The Primal Blueprint. (Not to mention that I am reading out loud A Wrinkle in Time; Amos Fortune, Free Man; Our America . . . The King Philip's War Adventure; George Washington Carver; and ever so many other home school books.)

I am hoping...

slightly warmer weather, and an extended spring (instead of winter, winter, winter, summer!).

I am looking forward to...


getting some new home school materials for next year.

Around the house...

cleaned some in the master bedroom yesterday. My husband said, "When did we get the new furniture?" ... a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that he hadn't seen the furniture in ever-so-long because of the piles of stuff on it before...


I am pondering... 


my daughter #2's beau, and her upcoming wedding.

A favorite quote for today...


Making your Bed is the "Shiny Sink" of your Bedroom.


-FlyLady.  

My husband got into bed last night and said he felt like he was in a hotel. Bed made, fresh sheets... The only thing missing was the mint on the pillow!


One of my favorite things...





Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Heath Bar Ice Cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  • Laundry today and Friday.
  • Ship one book today to buyer;
  • Work on scheduled upcoming blog posts, one post of a review due next week.
  • Work on student schedule for son to follow of school work;
  • Next week's menu plan and shopping list;
  • 2 hours yard work - finish getting the leaves up;
  • Sew the rest of the baby blankets;
  • Finish A Wrinkle in Time and The Hobbit this week.
  • Update summary for home school review.
A peek into my day...

Shower (now); pre-Algebra; Bible; Hobbit; Wrinkle in Time; Lunch; doctor's appointment, Book of Marvels.

No comments :

Post a Comment

3