Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Menu Monday for 4/24/17

This week the focus of my menus is "Real Foods". I am getting recipe ideas from Lisa Leake, author of 100 Days of Real Foods Fast and Fabulous and 100 Days of Real Foods Easy Wholesome Recipes. So far the meals have been fabulous, although for me, no real food meal is "fast" (all that vegetable preparation compared to opening a can and dumping in a pan, or opening a box and adding water). However, I always lean toward real food, so I am trying to focus on allowing the necessary time I need for the prep to make sure I can serve the meals at the time my family normally eats.

Here's the plan:
Saturday (4/22):  Boston Market chicken, beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn bread

Sunday (4/23):  Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta, Salad (page 220 Real Foods Fast and Fab.)

Monday (4/24)(BS Troop Mtg.) :  Real-Food Sloppy Joes (page 223 Real Foods Fast and Fab.), carrots

Tuesday (4/25): Lentil and Sausage Stew, salad, cream biscuits (page 186 Real Foods Fast and Fabulous)

Wednesday (4/26): parmesan crusted chicken, orzo with almonds, green beans

Thursday (4/27) (CAP): grilled teriyaki salmon (page 272, 100 Easy Wholesome Recipes), Asian inspired rice (page 200 100 Easy Wholesome Recipes), grilled asparagus

Friday (4/28):  Macaroni Casserole (page 252 100 Easy Wholesome Recipes)



Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer

No comments :

Post a Comment

3