Monday, April 10, 2017

Menu Monday for 4/10/2017

Monday is here and my meals are planned. What is funny is how quickly plans change! I wrote this up Saturday morning, and by dinner it had changed. We had planned our dinner out for Monday night and decided to go Saturday instead. Then, Sunday I had planned salad as the vegetable and we served green beans instead, which meant I had to switch and plan salad the night I had listed green beans.

These types of switch and swaps happen all the time at my house. I usually just don't mention it. As long as I am switching what I planned for one day with what I had planned for another day it does not impact my budget.

My husband was surprised at how little he spent on groceries this week (he did the shopping). He even splurged on something not on the list that was about $9, and the total was still only about $98! Granted we didn't need any of those occasional purchases such as laundry soap, dishwasher soap, shampoo, etc., but still that was nice!

So here is what we are eating this week:


Saturday (4/8):  Dinner Out

Sunday (4/9):  chicken parmesan, green beans, rice

Monday (4/10)Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots

Tuesday (4/11) (Senior CAP): Italian Wedding Soup, salad, bread

Wednesday (4/12): Balsamic chicken, rice, broccoli

Thursday (4/13)(CAP): Pork chops with honey garlic sauce, salad, noodles

Friday (4/14) (Good Friday):  grilled salmon, brussels sprouts, yams

No comments :

Post a Comment

3