Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week in Review - 3/17/17

Well first of all, happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm not Irish, but since Patrick was actually British (and I'm half British), I'll celebrate anyway! His life should be an example to us all.

My student has been on spring break this week. I, as the mom, have not. Products currently brewing in my homeschool (watch for two more reviews next week!) are:

Monday night was Boy Scouts. My Life Scout had his Scoutmaster Conference for Eagle Rank. Now he needs to finish up the paperwork on his Eagle Project, complete his Eagle Rank Application, and get approval signatures. After that he goes to his Eagle Board of Review. We are aiming for April -- he will be out of town when they do Eagle BORs in March.

Tuesday we had a family night and played Settlers of Catan. I WON! I never win! What fun for a change!

Thursday part of our Scout Troop attended a Cub Scout Blue and Gold Dinner to welcome some Webelos to our troop as they bridged from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. Scoutmaster (my husband) drove to blue and Gold Dinner where he met four of our Scouts and more of our adults. Meanwhile, Assistant Scoutmaster (me) drove our Civil Air Patrol cadet and friend (another cadet) to their Civil Air Patrol meeting. After I met our CAP Wing's new commander and visited a few minutes, I booked cross-town to the Blue and Gold Dinner to help out.

When the Bridging was over I got to go home. Scoutmaster booked it across town to pick the cadets up at the end of their meeting. It had been PT (Physical Training) night. I knew that our cadet needed only to pass his PT Run to qualify for advancement to Tech Sgt. We think he did it! He'd been looking at the Cadet Super Chart wrong and thought he needed to run the mile much faster than he actually did (speed needed varies by height/weight/age ratio). We think he's done. But he can't advance next week when they'll do advancements - he'll be out of town.

Friday my high school Junior and I visited Patrick Henry College in Purcilleville, VA. 

He loves it. I don't know if we can swing it financially. We'll be seeking scholarship(s), but still don't know if we'll be able to afford what would be left. So we will still be visiting other colleges as well.

Friday night and all day Saturday my church hosted an If Gathering for women. I went but was exhausted. Kept falling asleep during Friday night's meeting!

What was your week like?

2 comments :

  1. It was so nice to meet you at Patrick Henry College! I hope it works out for your son.
    Blessings from the Bookstore Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It IS a wonderful college!

    ReplyDelete

3