Monday, October 10, 2016

Menu Monday for 10/10/16


Monday again! We really enjoyed last week's menu choices! I made this week's choices with some suggestions from my guys balanced against our busy schedule. Like last night we were going to eat dinner out if my daughter and son-in-law were joining us, but when we learned they wouldn't be joining us my hubby said, "Why don't you just move the beef stew up to Sunday?"

Why don't I? Why don't I? Have you ever made beef stew? It takes me about two hours to peel, chop and brown the beef. Once it is all in the pot it has to cook for about two hours! I didn't have that time yesterday. And I wanted my Sunday day of rest! So he looked at the other meals. Could we move sizzleburgers? No, I needed a quick meal Monday before Boy Scouts. Could we move grilled cheese sandwiches? No, they were on Thursday because we need to get out the door before 6:30! So we got pizza.

So that's the way planning goes sometimes. Some weeks my meals look totally healthy, too, and other weeks there are more short cuts, more processed foods, and/or more meals out. Last week we never got to  the broccoli cheddar soup. Had not purchased some of those ingredients. Also bumped salmon on Friday -- didn't ever get that either. We had leftover enchiladas. Anyway, here's this week's plan:


Saturday (10/8):  garlic lime chicken, broccoli, riced cauliflower (leftover white rice)

Sunday (10/9):  Pizza

Monday (10/10):  sizzle burgers, noodles, Brussel sprouts

Tuesday (10/11):  beef stew, rolls, salad

Wednesday (10/12):  cheddar broccoli soup in bread bowls, salad

Thursday (10/13)(CAP/Roundtable): Grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, salad

Friday (10/14):  salmon, sweet potatoes, green beans

Saturday (10/15):  Dinner out


No comments :

Post a Comment

3