Monday, January 27, 2014

Week of 1/27/14 Menu Monday


This is another quick and dirty menu plan, created and shopped for during another busy weekend. Saturday (normal plan/shop day) I assisted all day at a Boy Scout Merit Badge day, so a quick plan made Friday night, and shopping with hubby after dinner Saturday. Here's the plan (including yesterday):



SUNDAY (1/26)
Brisket, mashed potatoes, leftover veggies

MONDAY (1/27)
Brisket sandwiches, green beans

TUESDAY (1/28)
Roast chicken, stuffing, broccoli

WEDNESDAY (1/29)

THURSDAY (1/30)
Baked ziti, salad, garlic bread

FRIDAY (1/31)
Chicken tortilla soup, salad, rolls

SATURDAY (2/1)
  
The vegan has been eating meat. I don't want to know what this is doing to my BP and my cholesterol,  but when life is too busy I just can't always make vegan options. Sometimes I swing more towards vegetarian, but I'm not confident that it reduces my cholesterol sufficiently. I need to get back to making vegan-focus a priority, but when life gets "real", you still have to eat...

So, on the back burner for the vegan I have ingredients to make another batch of Minnesota Wild Rice Soup, vegan style, and I have in the fridge lentil soup and hummis for lunches. I like my home-made soups better than the store bought lentil soup mentioned, because I make my own soups with more vegetables than the store-bought contain. 

So, for Monday, brisket sandwiches are totally not vegan, and I'm eating that anyway. Tuesday I have a faux chicken patty I could serve myself, and would eat brown rice, not stuffing. Wednesday I have soy crumblies I will substitute for beef in part of the casserole (although my beans do have pork). Thursday I'll probably go with calling vegetarian "good enough", but if I were being strict I'd alter the Firehouse 2 diet recipe for Macaroni and Not Cheese. Friday I'll be trying to have my Minnesota Wild Rice Soup made for me when I serve the chicken tortilla to my other foodies. Saturday I might do the same soup.

Have a warm, hearty, food-filled week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

3