Sunday, September 29, 2013

Friday wrap-up for 9/27/13

  • In my life this week…
My daughter, heart-heavy and missing her Milly, got herself a puppy! Her new puppy is named Bella, and she is ten weeks old! We get to babysit sometimes. She's a doll!


  • In our homeschool this week…
JD trying to work independently this week. Left me feeling out of touch with where he is in his studies, and unsure if he is actually doing what I want him to do. Need to get this better figured out this week.
  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
A bad day of home schooling is better than a good day of public school any day!
  • Things I’m working on…
Lots of products for review, and things previously reviewed:
- VideoText Interactive Algebra;
- Bridgeway English (Grammar and Writing);
- Flip Flop Spanish;
- America the Beautiful for History, Bible, Literature, Timeline, Mapwork, Creative Writing;
- Logic of English Cursive;
- Apologia Physical Science;
- WYAM Biography of Jim Elliot;
- Vocabulary/Spelling City
  • I’m cooking…
Watch for my menu mailer every Monday.
  • I’m grateful for…
The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew!
  • I’m praying for…
Oh... so many people!
  • I rewarded my kids this week by…
A surprise trip to Krisy Kreme Donuts for a doughnut and to watch the doughnut making machines.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
So... I don't know which format I like better, this one or my normal subject-by-subject one, but I figured I'd give this one a try. Next week I'll probably do the other format as it gives me a better record of what we have done during the week.

Have a great week this week!

2 comments :

  1. I'm right there with you with the kids doing things more on their own. Having a 9th grader is something that I am getting used to. He is very independent and doing well but there are oh so many times that I want to check behind every little thing.

    The puppy is adorable! And I'd like a surprise trip to Krispy Kreme. Maybe I need to treat my kids this week!! Hope you have a wonderful week. And thanks for visiting my little corner of the blog world this week too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah, my son is 8th right now, and he just doesn't want to do school. Yet he has these high aspirations... But he doesn't yet make the connection that he can do anything he wants as long as he works for it. He'd rather sit at the computer playing Mine Craft. And he thinks we're the worst parents in the world for the parental controls and passwords we impose on his computer that he bought himself. We know our responsibility, but he thinks we're wrong and that he should be treated like an adult.

      I had forgotten what a difficult age "13" to "14" is to parent. ::sigh::

      Delete

3