Monday, December 5, 2016

Menu Monday for 12/5/16


Another week gone by! They seem to go so quickly!

First my weight-loss update. So... last week there was a special birthday in the family. I made carrot cake. The birthday-ee requested wings for dinner. I went off plan. I had 4 wings in addition to my on-plan dinner. I had a slice of carrot cake.

Next day I shared a venti peppermint mocha from Starbuck's with my daughter.

Mid-week I indulged in a tall caramel hot chocolate on my own. I won't do that again... too sweet for me!

I went to the gym Monday and Wednesday (and Friday, after I weighed in).

I weighed in at Jenny Craig Friday morning. I had LOST TWO POUNDS! Since starting with them I've lost 9.8 pounds in seven weeks.

I remind, as a personal disclaimer, that the benefit I receive is in the accountability. I don't like their food -- too processed for me -- and at this point I am only buying "Anytime Bars" and S'Mores as morning and bedtime snacks. These are still too processed for me long-term, but they're chocolate, I can sink my teeth into them, and they help me to stay on track.
 
I'm so close to having lost 20 pounds this year! I'm looking forward to showing you before and after photos in an upcoming post, hopefully on 1/1/17!

In the meantime, here's my menu plan for this week:

Saturday (12/03):  Dinner Out

Sunday (12/04): Pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onion, rolls

Monday (12/05)(Boy Scouts PLC):  Italian chicken, rice broccoli

Tuesday (12/06):  sizzle burgers, carrots, noodles

Wednesday (12/07): oven-stuffer roaster chicken, stuffing, California medley vegetables

Thursday (12/08) (CAP): grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, carrot sticks

Friday (12/09): Chinese food (out)(Jenny Craig Meal?)

Saturday (12/10): salmon, sweet potatoes, spinach


No comments :

Post a Comment

3