Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Fly Lady Day

First, I want to let you know that my "G" key is not working well. There is something under it making it so that even though I hit it, it doesn't appear. So in advance, I'm sorry for "typos" where it is not there. (Notice I am no words with that letter in sentence...)

Anyway, this is an illustrated primer of my FlyLady morning routine.  First, bathroom. got out of shower and noticed condition of room, so decided to do a "before" and "after" shot for my friends:


It's not that "P" word (perfect)... I didn't empty the trash or remove my son's books by the sink there, but it's nice, isn't it?

Next, I was wondering what you all do about cords. Do you have cords out the wazoo like I do? Cell phone cord, i-pod cord (for two different i-pods), cord for kindle, cord for blue tooth, whatever it is that you have. I also have a lifetime membership badge that I don't want to loose, and a cord that came out of a pair of pajamas that I need to thread back through, but in the meantime I don't want to lose.  So, what do you do?

Well, in case you need an idea, here's what I do. I keep my cords on my towel bar, and I hide them nicely under the towel.  Here's a before and after shot of that as well:

So, after that, by now I was "dressed to my shoes", and I looked at my bedroom.


So, actually there is a lot going on wrong in this room, but I'm mostly going to focus on the bed and ignore the overflow clutter beside the bed, on nightstands, and the fact that my hamper is overflowing and that I can't see my dresser for the stuff. So, now I will transform the bed and show how much nicer that makes the room look:

Very nice!

And last, but not least, what do you do when your college aged offspring has left for that last final exam of the semester, without giving said offspring's dog enough time outside before leaving, thus encouraging said dog to leave a present in the middle of your schoolroom/family room?

Well, you sigh, and you get a bag and pick it up, just like at the park, and you go flush it and then start your school day.



So, why did I blog about my FlyLady morning? Because I've been neglecting my blog lately, and I wanted to do an entry. Because my life is real, like yours is, and it's fun sometimes to read about someone else's life. Because doing it this way actually encouraged me to clean my bathroom, make my bed, and have a good attitude about the doggy droppings and "just do it!", as I like to say.

Have a real day!

D

No comments :

Post a Comment

3