Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Word for 2015







Word 2015

So, I though of not posting a "WORD" for 2015. I mean, last year I posted my word for the year as "INTENTIONAL", and as the year spun past (somewhat out of control), the real word seemed to be "SURVIVAL".

Now, as I reflect on 2014, and where our home school plans are compared to where I think they should be, a new word has been brewing in the back of my brain. As I have made tweaks to the school planner, and compared it to the calendar, with wishes of applying complete integrity as I create my son's 9th grade entries on his transcript...

For the year 2015, I have concluded that my word needs to be "DILIGENCE". There were many words competing for the first place slot. I considered "flexibility", but my brain was translating flexibility (in my situation) as "lazy", or at the very least, "disorganized". "Enthusiastic" is a word I need, but don't see myself able to achieve this year. "Encouraging" is in the same category (particularly respecting my home schooling). I'm trying, but these certainly aren't words for the year.

As we finish 9th grade this summer, I am already considering ways to do 10th grade differently. I am wondering if I can get "The Boy" to take some outside classes this time, like maybe Geometry or Algebra II, and/or Chemistry, Spanish (...::sigh:: ---everything?).

As I begin this, my 23rd year of home schooling, it would be fair to conclude that I'm ready to be done home schooling. I've been there, done that. It's hard to stay excited, to be there for my son as he experiences high school Biology class for the first time, watching a video of a puff ball mushroom exploding under someone's foot.

For the most part, my student is finding his encouragement through excelling in his grades, which makes my job of correcting school work important. It needs to be done, and it needs to be done quickly.

So that brings me back, once again, to "DILIGENCE". I need to be diligent in planning, implementing, and following up on our school work. So, there you have it.

Do YOU have a word for the new year?

No comments :

Post a Comment

3