Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It's a Wrap! (End of January)

In my life this week....

Let's see... Monday my student, the Boy Scout, received his rank advancement to 1st Class as well as merit badges for 1st Aid and for Plumbing. Way to go, son!

My camera focus let me down on the second one, where he was awarded with a 1st Class Neckerchief.

Wednesday we made the long trip to the Orthodontist. Wires and donuts on the boy's braces were replaced. Next trip he is hoping to lose the palatal expander.

Friday was my son's allergy shot. The weather was so mild that I took off my coat and set it on a chair. Unfortunately it was still sitting on that chair when they closed for the night. I never even missed it (until I went to go out that night and couldn't find it). Fortunately I was able to pick it up this morning (Monday morning).
 In our homeschool this week.....

Very good school week, in the subjects we focused on. Am working on some organizing in several subjects so that our schedule flows more smoothly. Am also hoping my student will be more independent at times if the schedule is written down. We're working towards getting him high school credit in English and Math this year (as an 8th grader), and he is motivated to see that happen. 

Projects I am working on....

I have been working on the quilt for my son that was started by Nana. She did all the piecing and began hand quilting it.  At some point she realized that she would not be able to finish hand quilting it, and she asked me if I thought I could get it done. She passed away almost a month ago. I didn't finish it while she was alive, but I have no experience quilting and am learning as I go. I am making good progress and look forward to the day I will be able to show you the finished product. But, for now, here's what it looks like:

 Places we are going and people we are seeing.....

Muh.... I'm kind of hunkered down because of the weather. I go out when I have to. Today I went and got my coat from the allergist, picked up some lab work from a doctor, and since I was out got some caffeine beverage from a local well-known establishment. Now I'm watching the birds on my bird feeder during my lunch hour, and hoping my feet will hurry up and warm up. My shoes are probably wet. It was raining/sleeting/snowing while I was out (in shoes instead of boots). It has settled down to a sleet/snow now. Not going anywhere else today if I can help it. Not until our Boy Scout meeting tonight anyway. The rest of this week my calendar is clear for me to stay home until I go out to someone's house on Saturday.

Things I am cooking.....

Some ingredients for chocolate chip cookies are hiding in my kitchen...

Dinners every night...

Minnesota Wild Rice Soup for sure...

and that's about it. 

Things I am reading....

I have too many books in the hopper, including some fiction, some religious, and some for personal fitness and personal growth.

Pictures from our week.....
Other than the Court of Honor and photos I am taking of old photos, most other photos right now have been of birds at our feeder.


No comments :

Post a Comment

3