Monday, August 4, 2014

Five-Minute-Friday: Begin!



I planned to write this post on Friday, but I couldn't. The issue was that when I thought of all the things I needed to do on Friday, and I thought about the 5-minute-Friday word of the day, "Begin", I had to just get off my computer and begin.

I left my computer, made my bed, took my shower and dressed, started a load of laundry, worked on the review I had due, and began working on my lesson planning for the new school year.

The difficult thing for me and "Begin" is that there often seems to be so much to do that I can feel overwhelmed. When I feel like beginning the tasks set before me, I feel like what I will be able to accomplish towards all that needs to be done is so little that I can't even make a dent, so why bother.

But my friend FlyLady (www.FlyLady.net) says every task can be broken down into 15 minute intervals, and when you do that 15 minutes every day it all adds up and it makes a real difference.

So I have to pull myself up by my boot straps, take a big breath, and just dig in. So that's what I did Friday, and that's what I will do today as soon as my five minutes is finished.

So have a great day and remember, don't get overwhelmed. What you are doing seems small at times, but you are making a difference. Take a deep breath, gird yourself (with prayer, too), and begin!



2 comments :

  1. ooh that's what I do too! I am always so overwhelmed with the task that I have a hard time beginning! Thankful for those days when I make a list and focus! It's easy to forget how beginning is about 90% of the task... I've found that in my writing as well. If I just start writing the words start flowing!

    visiting from 5MF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! The list grows, and things seem overwhelming, but I do love the FlyLady's you can do anything in 5, 10 or 15 minutes! I use that a lot, and not just for cleaning. lol

    Nice to meet you, found you from #FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete

3