Monday, March 18, 2013

Menu Monday - 3/18/13

MPM-Winter


So, here's the thing.


I've been following a vegan diet for one year and four months. I have not been following it well -- I've been more vegetarian than vegan, with soy milk, ice cream, and chocolate sneaking in daily. Plus, my hubby has been very unhappy with our dietary division.

But even more important than that, I just haven't been feeling well lately. No, not like I am sick, but like I am not well. I suspect it has to do with my diet, with insufficient vitamins, minerals, etc. And I know I haven't been taking my vitamins the way I should, but nevertheless...

My brother has been following a different diet about the same amount of time as I have been following my diet, and he is doing better with his diet than I am with mine. I mean, he is more successful with his weight loss (well, he did have more to lose than I did...), and he seems to ...well, he seems to feel great!

So, well, don't consider me a traitor, but I'm going to switch from the vegan diet and change my mindset to the paleo diet for awhile and see how that does. I think  I will list what I am serving, not what I am eating, so you will see things like legumes, potatoes, grains, but that doesn't mean I am eating them.

So here is my transition week. I need to transition into my paleo diet, because I need to eat the food I have already purchased, my leftovers. And I need to figure out this week how to do paleo.

Sunday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black
Lunch: leftover mushroom/barley soup with spinach leaves;
Snack: mixed nuts; soy mocha from 'bucks
Dinner: corned beef with cabbage; potatoes; apple cider

Monday
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black
Lunch: leftover corn chowder; salad
Dinner: Leftovers (probably leftover mushroom/barley soup and salad)

Tuesday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black
Lunch: leftover spaghetti; salad
Dinner: Beef vegetable soup; salad; rolls

Wednesday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black
Lunch: leftover beef/vegetable soup
Dinner: hamburgers (served with flats/rolls), sliced tomatoes, lettuce, pickles

Thursday
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black 
Lunch: leftover mushroom/barley soup with spinach leaves
Dinner: salmon, yams, spinach

Friday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black 
Lunch: leftover beef/vegetable soup
Dinner: Roast chicken, rice, broccoli

Saturday:
Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries; coffee, black 
Lunch: leftover beef/vegetable soup
Dinner: ham steak, potatoes, green beans


No comments :

Post a Comment

3