Monday, November 28, 2016

Menu Monday for 11/28/16


We had Thanksgiving Dinner at my adult daughter's this year (first time ever!), and she and her hubby did a great job! 

We took stuffing and sweet potatoes to contribute to the meal. The downside is that we have no leftover turkey to eat now, so hubby went out and bought a small turkey, which I cooked Sunday. Here's a new family photo including daughter and son-in-law:

I've completed six weeks with Jenny Craig. I'm eating mostly my own paleo meals now, but am still eating some Jenny Craig stuff (mostly mid-morning "Anytime Bars" and evening snacks) and daily milk-based protein shakes (which protein powder I already bought, so I'm going to use it before I transfer to a non-milk-based protein powder). So my menu plan is primarily paleo (for me) with non-paleo items added for my non-paleo family members.

So far I've lost 7.8 pounds since I started Jenny Craig. Their main benefit to me now is the accountability, since I'll be better "behaved" each week when I know I'll be weighing in and checking in with someone each week on Friday. I went off plan this week for someone's birthday! First time since I started. So I'll have to see Friday if I still manage to lose weight this week.

Here's this week's plan:


Saturday (11/26):  Pizza (Jenny Craig meal)

Sunday (11/27): Turkey, leftover stuffing and sweet potatoes, gravy, green beans

Monday (11/28)(Boy Scouts PLC):  Hot Dogs on buns, baked beans, mixed vegs (meat or JC meal and carrots)

Tuesday (11/29):  pan seared scallops, asparagus, rice pilaf

Wednesday (11/30): hot turkey sandwiches, broccoli florets

Thursday (12/1): chicken Caesar salad, TX toast

Friday (12/2) (Care Group): boneless pork chops, steamed zucchini, macaroni & cheese

Saturday (12/3): Pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery and onion, rolls

1 comment :

  1. Lovely family picture! Thanks for sharing your holiday with me : )

    ReplyDelete

3