Monday, November 21, 2016

Menu Monday for 11/21/16


I am finally catching up and posting my "Menu Monday" on Monday!

I have now completed five weeks of Jenny Craig. Not liking how processed their food is, I have been working to gradually substitute my own foods for their processed selections. I have lost six pounds since I started.

My standard breakfast is a spinach scramble -- about 1 cup of organic spinach sauteed in scant coconut oil, then two eggs added and scrambled. For lunch I always start with a big bowl (think of a serving bowl at the dinner table). I add to that a main dish, maybe a can of tuna or chicken, or a scoop of leftover dinner like chili over the salad, or a bowl of soup on the side. Dinners I eat a large amount of salad with 2-4 ounces of meat on the side.

Anyway, here's my main family plan for this week. On a night like Monday night, when I planned grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, I eat leftovers of a Jenny Craig meal.

Saturday (11/19):  leftovers

Sunday (11/20): rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans

Monday (11/21)(Boy Scouts):  grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup

Tuesday (11/22):  crock macaroni beef bake, carrots

Wednesday (11/23): ravioli, salad, TX toast

Thursday (11/24)(Thanksgiving): turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, salad.

Friday (11/25):  ribs, cole slaw, rolls



No comments :

Post a Comment

3