Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gone Fishin'

So Flymama and family went fishing. We rented a boat and sat in the scorching sun for ...oh... six hours maybe... more or less.

Here's how things went. First, dear daughter B caught a little flounder:


Two photos, in case it is too hard to see the little fish. Sadly, the flounder has to be 17-1/2 inches long to keep, and this one wasn't, so we threw him back. We hadn't located the tape measure yet, so we didn't measure him, but maybe 13-16".

So, second, I... yes I... caught a lovely flounder:
Sadly, my fish was only 17", and I remind you the fish must be 17-1/2" long to keep, so ::sigh:: I threw him back. If you are wondering why I was so totally covered in clothes on a scorching day in late July, it is because I do not believe in sunburn. I've had my share, and I've given it up for the rest of my life to the best of my ability.

Okay, so next, B caught another little flounder:
Again, the fish must be 17-1/2" to keep, and this one wasn't, so we threw him back. (Are you seeing a trend here?)

So, back and forth it went, fish caught, fish released, fish caught, fish released, etc. All in all, we had a smashingly hot time, and carried away memories and photographs, but no fish.

So funny, but true, our only "Keeper" was caught by our youngest family member, JD:

We ate it for dinner on Wednesday night.

I can't tell you how many got away! We're saying the ones we didn't manage to get into the boat were ALL keepers, the ones that got away! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

3