Thursday, September 20, 2018

What's New and Exciting for September 2018

A post to update folks is long overdue.

We got a family photo taken (above) the day my youngest celebrated high school graduation. I'm on the far left, then Dad, then my youngest, then my oldest, then my son-in-law, then my middle "child". (I don't use names -- want to protect some privacy." Then there are the dogs -- Cody on the left, and the yellow blur on the right is my oldest's dog named Coda.

My high school graduate was not able to find summer work. He spent his summer promoting his home business - Eagle Whips (you can find him on Instagram). And he built up his inventory of whips so they could continue to sell even while he is away at college! (He's not allowed to make them at college. They are considered to be a weapon. Go figure.)


He also finished his requirements to be promoted to Cadet Senior Master Sgt.
 
August arrived. The college freshman packed his bags, and we flew to Arizona.
 We landed in Phoenix to a temperature of 108, then we drove to Flagstaff.


Getting moved into the dorm was such a small part of that week. He had to get his new ID card first...


 There was an expo, where he met the Lumberjack...


There were days of orientation. The lad plans to participate in CAP in AZ, working to achieve rank of 1st Lt. He also plans to participate in AF ROTC, but that has been postponed til the Spring semester.

Since launching the lad I've been working to stay motivated. I've got loads to do -- I just need to stay on track. I'm making maternity clothes for the momma of my first grandchild...


I'm quilting...


I'm trying to sell off 27-years-worth of homeschool books...


And there is plenty of decluttering and cleaning to catch up on now that I am done home schooling.

But... I still love reviewing home school products... So right now I have in the hopper:

Teach Sunday School Bible-At-A-Glance


Brinkman Adventures Season 6


and Heirloom Audio Adventures St. Bartholomew's Eve


Can't wait to tell you more! 

I will try to give a new update in mid-October. So what is new in your world?

No comments :

Post a Comment

3