Sunday, July 1, 2018

Monthly Update for 6/30/18


June is coming to a close. 

At Homeschool-Review, it has been a somewhat quiet month. School finished up in May. Our Boy Scout meetings ended for the summer in Mid-June with our Court of Honor/family picnic.


True confessions -- this photo is from 2017. I didn't take any photos this year.  My son has moved on from Boy Scouts. When he turned 18 he could not longer be a "boy" scout and he has other things going on and did not choose to continue in Scouting in adult leadership.

His main other interest, these many years, has been Civil Air Patrol (CAP), in which he is still active as they permit cadets to participate until age 21. He had a momentous event in CAP this month when he was promoted from Cadet Technical Sergeant to Cadet Master Sergeant. I'm so happy for him!

I've been selling off school books and decluttering. I am working on a quilt for Quilts for Kids, and I sent hats and booties to my other charity, Online Angels.
My son went on lots of job interviews, but so far no summer job or internship.
We spent Father's Day in Virginia visiting my daughter (who is expecting my first grandchild!).

I voted in the primary election in my state.
My garden is growing. I weed and water it daily.


And that's about it. What happened in your world in June?




 

2 comments :

  1. Congrats to your son on his CAP promotion!! My son is still involved with CAP, now Captain and the squadron commander. It seems like he will probably stay in until he turns 21, which is a bit surprising to me, but all good. Good luck in the job interviews!! And looking forward to hearing about the safe arrival of your grandbaby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know your son has worked hard! My son was splitting time working to get to Eagle Scout. He had two foot surgeries (two months apart) last summer that set him back as well. No one told him at the time that he could get a waiver on the PT requirements. There was also some difficulty that caused him to decide to switch units.

    So now that he is focusing on CAP again he is hoping to finish strong by reaching Lieutenant. (There's a special award at that rank; can't remember what it's called.) Don't know how that will work for him as he attends college out of state... We'll see as time passes.

    Grandbaby due at the beginning of next year!

    ReplyDelete

3