Friday, August 17, 2018

Week in Review - 8-17-18


Nearing the end of summer, and it was a busy week at Homeschool Review.

To start with, our County Fair is in full swing.

At tne end of last week I entered some items in the Fair. I have some antiques I like to enter in the Old Timers' Building (not a competition) and entered some sewing items in the Home Arts Building. A child's pair of slacks got a red 2nd place ribbon, as did a gray pair of maternity slacks I made for my daughter.
 My quilt that I entered (my 3rd quilt ever) got a blue ribbon!
My son was able to enter a whip in a category for woven fabric, narrow bands. He got a first place! Sorry, I don't have a photo.

Sunday afternoon my husband and I volunteered for almost 5 hours at The Big Cheese, where grilled cheese sandwiches are sold to fair goers, along with cheese selections, nachos, pretzels, sodas, etc. We walked around afterwards, and that's when I learned about our placing on our entries.

Tuesday my husband and I had a Civil Air Patrol meeting for the Senior Squadron we are a part of. Thursday my daughter, son-in-law and I attended the fair together. Afterwards my husband and I attended my son's Civil Air Patrol meeting to participate in his promotion to Cadet Sr. Master Sgt.
He is working hard to rank up to Lieutenant while he is a cadet. He wants to earn the Billy Mitchell Award, which is received when a cadet completes the requirements for 2nd. Lt.

Soon he will be leaving home to attend college out of state. He plans to continue participating in Civil Air Patrol at a squadron near the college. While in college he will be participating in Air Force ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps). He'd like to be an Air Force pilot one day and hopes to fly A-10's.

And today I played "catch up", getting some much needed things done. So how was your week? Let me know. Drop me a comment.



 

4 comments :

  1. Congrats to your cadet, and good luck as he works towards the Billy Mitchell!! My own cadet (Captain) just handed over command of his squadron last week and is now contemplating a new role in the squadron. Perhaps concentrating on emergency services training and support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping my son finds it possible to plug in at college. Right now he is totally "gung ho!"

      Delete
  2. Fair Days! Our fair is not until October but the children are already planning and working on entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for your son! And of course for all the ribbons. The pants look awesome. Something that I would have loved when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

3