Thursday, August 15, 2013

Menu Monday (late) for 8/12/13


So I meant to post this Monday... I really did... but we're having a really busy week (county fair week). In addition to that, I put my plans on the shopping list. Hubby went shopping, didn't give the shopping list back to me, and I've been "winging it" ever since. 

That said, here is my carni/vegan blend that we have been eating this week, with guess-work on how this week's meals will end.

Sunday:
I think this was the day we had the antipasto -- a mostly no-cook salad with hard boiled eggs, rolled cheese slices, and rolled lunchmeat slices. Also included fresh vegetables from the garden, black olives, and vegan protein of beans or garbanzos, I can't remember which.
 
Monday:
Spaghetti and meatballs, salad (whole wheat spaghetti with sauce)
 
Tuesday:
Tonight I served black beans and rice. I added some baby spinach leaves so there was more vegetable matter.
 
Wednesday:
Ham steak, steamed potatoes, yellow squash. I (the vegan) could have eaten just potatoes and squash, but my black beans and rice was calling me, so I had squash with black beans and rice.
 
Thursday:
Barbecued chicken (vegan faux chicken patty), rice, broccoli.

Friday:
I can't remember why, but I don't think we planned anything solid for this night. Leftovers?

Saturday:
Roast, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, rolls (vegan leftovers)

So, this week was not a stellar week when it comes to nice vegan variety, but it was a low cost week, which is helpful occasionally. The next few weeks may be hard to plan and execute. My daughter's wedding is looming, and there is a lot going on. We'll have to see how things go. I'll probably try to plan, and try to follow the plan, but no promises.

Have a great week. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

3