Saturday, October 26, 2013

Mother's Journal for 10/26/13

This week in our home and life:

In my life this week.....

My cousin, whom I mentioned last week, is dying. He is 60. He is my oldest first cousin on both my mom's and dad's side of the family. He has end stage COPD. I don't know how long he will last, but I hope I get to see him again before he passes away. Please pray for his comfort and that he experiences minimal pain. (He also is in the hospital because of a fall and has a broken shoulder, arm, ribs and hip, all on the left side.)

My house was falling apart. The heat wouldn't kick on. There were three flourescent lights out in our downstairs (2-level house, main level is upstairs). My inside lights on my car were out. By God's kindness, my husband and a family  friend took care of all of these issues this week! Now we just need to get a plumber in to address some leaky faucets and deeper issues.

My body is falling apart. I have tendinitis in both elbows and currently have a hard splint on my right arm which will soon be joined by a hard splint on my left arm. 

I am getting a bone spur removed from my left shoulder in November, so then the splints will be joined by a sling. ::sigh:: Obviously time to recruit my 13 year old to do more around the house. Also time to type less. Once my CREW reviews are all in I will be taking a little bit easier. I still have some non-CREW reviews I will be working on, but some of my posts for my break time have already been created and scheduled, so I will look busier than I actually am. Sneaky, hunh?

In our homeschool this week...... 
J-Boy worked on Notgrass America the Beautiful for History, Geography, Literature, Bible, Creative Writing; for Math he used IXL Math and Horizon's Algebra; in Science we worked on Apologia Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics

for Grammar and more Writing he worked in Bridgeway's English; for Spelling and Vocabulary he has been working through words I programmed into VocabularySpellingCity (from the SAT Vocabulary list for college prep); and we worked on French using French Essentials. If that paragraph looks familiar, it's because school this week was the same as school last week, except the doctor's visits hit at different times...
  
Places we went and people we saw......
JD got a shot at the pediatrician one day, allergy testing a 2nd day, and a 3rd doctor a 3rd day. In addition to that I saw the Occupational Therapist one day and another doctor another day. (Singing "We All Live in Our Cars Eternally" to the tune of "Yellow Submarine"). JD went camping with his Boy Scout Troop at Antietam last weekend, and then got Scout night off (only POC and Committee met).

What I am cooking......
Yesterday I made carrot cake cause it was my sister's birthday (she lives with us). This week I also made brisket, pot pie, chicken paprika, and pork chops. Tonight we're eating at a pot luck (sorta) and I'm taking salad.

What I am reading.....
I'm still working on At Home in Dogwood Mudhole, by Franklin Sanders; Redemption, by Mike Wilkerson; and still in my pile but not read this week are Boundaries with Teens by Cloud and Townsend as well as White Gold Wielder by Donaldson.
 
Projects I am working on.....
Doll clothes for Samantha (American Girls Doll) and baby hats for my charity still.
 

 
Something I am eyeing......
my treadmill..

Something new I learned......
Not enough about parental controls. They still aren't working properly. I learned that my neck pain is probably related to my tendinitis.

Questions for all you smart mommas out there.....
How can I avoid sinus infections?

A couple more photos from our week....
We did a fund raiser Saturday for Boy Scouts. Our job was to direct parking at a horse show. So I took a photo from the horse show for you.
 
Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

3